Need some help with a job summary
for my resume.
I would like some help with a job summary for a position as a wellness and health coach.
The purpose of the job or career summary is to summarize your job-related skills, experience, and accomplishments that qualify you for the job you are applying for. This section can include…
- Years of experience in the target job or industry
- Education and certifications
- Results that you have achieved
- Any other job-specific information that tells the recruiter or hiring manager that you are qualified for the job.
Let's say, for example, that you are certified health coach, with a bachelors degree and experience in multiple areas of the health and wellness industry. Your career summary could look something like this:
ACE Certified Health Coach
- 10 years of Health and Wellness experience and a Bachelors Degree in Exercise Science.
- Rewarded for increasing client satisfaction that resulted in 15% improvement in client retention rate, for 3 consecutive years.
- Proven track record of designing and executing individualize wellness programs for clients.
- Areas of expertise include health education, nutrition, wellness coaching, lifestyle management, behavior change, exercise, and weight loss.
Use your own personal information to create your career summary, using the above example as a guideline. Here are some tips:
- Search online for job descriptions for your target job.
- Look for industry-specific keywords in the job descriptions.
- Use these keywords in your career summary to highlight how you are qualified for the job.
- Since the career summary is at the beginning of your resume, indicate your most impressive qualifications in this section. This is your chance to entice the hiring manager to read the rest of your resume.
The information that you include in your resume should match the requirements and qualifications that are listed in the job description of your target job. This will increase your chances of being contacted for an interview.